Friday, August 5, 2011

Success!

I actually got a run in today!  I did work out on Wednesday - went to a kickboxing class.  I thought that might be good training for any close calls at the finish line.  But I digress...
I ran around Medicine Lake today - a little windy and very hot.  I always have trouble in the same spot around mile 6.  There is a very long, gradual hill.  My running partner calls this the "Gotcha!" hill because once you get to the top, you turn left and your mind thinks the hill should be over.  But that's not the case - you turn left and there is another hill to go up!  It is shorter, but still a very brutal part of the run.

The really awesome part of the run came at the end when I got to my car.  I couldn't find the key - lost it on my run.  Had to walk to park, borrow a cell phone and call Paul to come and bring me a key.  Classic.

Miles: 8
Time: 80 mins
Pace: 10:00
Terrain: hilly - moderate

Playlist:
Fire Door - AniDifranco
Welcome To The Jungle - GNR
Even Flow - Pearl Jam
Only Happy When It Rains - Garbage
You Outghta Know - Alanis Morissette
London Rain - Heather Nova
You Give Love A Bad Name - Bon Jovi
Love In An Elevator - Aerosmith
Few and Far Between - Shannon Curfman
Ex-Girlfriend - Gwen Stefani
Let's Go Crazy - Prince & The Revolution
What Have You Done For Me Lately - Janet Jackson
Nasty - Janet Jackson
Crazy On You - Heart
Where Have All The Cowboys Gone - Paula Cole
All Out Of Love - Air Supply

No comments:

Post a Comment