Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chilly Chili Recap

Runners #788 and #789

The Chilly Chili was a success.  Turns out I have never run a 5K race before...and this was Erica's second race, both have been 5Ks.  The weather was fine...not bitterly cold or too windy and it didn't snow..so no complaints there.  Erica was able to shave 2 minutes off her 1st race time, which is awesome.
My goal was to try to run it at a 8 minute miles pace...which is exactly what I was able to do.  There were over 1,100 runners/walkers who participated.  Erica and I have a love/hate relationship with the hills here in New York...we love to look at them and they are great for hiking...but when it comes to running...WE HATE THEM!  They are such a pain in my arse...literally and figuratively.  There was one big climb towards the start of the race that took a lot of energy...at the bottom of this blog I am adding the race course and also the elevation along the course, which I find interesting.  I am also going to add a map of the route from our farm to Fertile...Momma Bear, turns out its a heck of climb from the farm to Fertile...who knew?

Random event of the day...we met an '83 Iowa graduate who also ran the race..has season tickets to the Iowa football games...and lives in NY...crazy.


Aarons Run:
Miles:  3.1
Time:  24:46
Pace:  7:58

Nice Socks Wiff!

Ericas Run:
Miles:  3.1
Time:  33:16
Pace:  10:44

Link to the Chilly Chili 5K Results (You can find me at #220 and Erica at #822)
http://leonetiming.com/2012/Roads/ChillyNet.htm


Chilly Chili Route / Elevation
The climb from .5 miles to 1.1 miles sucked!

 The Farm to Fertile - Just For You Momma Bear!
Its an uphill climb...59 feet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment