Saturday, January 14, 2012

Learning Curve

Tried out my new watch the bro and new SIL gave me for Christmas today.  I was on the track on the Y doing laps.  I would sprint a lap and then run the next lap at my usual pace - repeat until the tropics made it too hard.  Every vent along that route was gushing out heat, it was like I was running in Death Valley.  I only made it 10 minutes before I had to give up and go to the treadmill.  According to my watch, I did 44 laps, but I eventually figured out that I did not have to hit the lap button twice every time I went around. I was thinking it was a push for stop, push for start.  But the watch is smarter than me and I only need to push the button once per lap.
On the treadmill I executed my new favorite workout which is running as fast as I can with the incline completely maxed out (Level 15) for one song, running my normal pace with incline at 5 for one song, and then running as fast as I can with incline at 2 for one song.  Repeat for 20 minutes.
My legs are pretty rubbery.  Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment