Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cold Feet

I have to admit (to the 3 people who read this blog) that I am starting to freak out a little about the Fargo race.  It is feeling closer and closer, and I am feeling further and further away from being able to run 13 miles!  I am really hoping that the strength training that I have been doing on top of the treadmill running is going to work out. It's really hard for me to run more than an hour on the treadmill, just due to pure boredom and so I usually don't get more than 6 miles.  I think I am also having an especially difficult time this week because I did a workout on Monday night, but doesn't look like I will be getting another one in anytime soon.
Woe is me.
I am trying to keep my head up.  It won't be too long and I will stop being a pansy and start running outside again.  That should help with my anxiety as I will definitely be making myself do some big runs.  One thing I am getting better at is mental toughness.
  What a good point!
(This is me with push ups.  I used to really hate them but don't anymore.)
Nice job Aaron and Erica on the Chili Run!  You are both improving at an incredible pace - I am SUPER proud of you!
As an FYI - I spent some time with the other (non) blogging sibling this past weekend as we perused possible wedding ceremony venues (a.k.a  Churches).  I asked about this training and the blogging.  Both were a negative.  He is certainly being very secretive about his training.  Must be pretty intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment