Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Out Of Your Comfort Zone

Lori's post about the sit ups got me to thinking about how easy it is for us to stay within our comfort zone.  I think its human nature to do this - especially if there is not someone by your side pushing you.  When I was warming up and cooling down on the treadmill today, I was looking around at people...paying attention to their facial expressions trying to figure out who was there "putting in their time" and those who were actually challenging themselves.  My guess is that less than 5% of the people exercising at PF today were actually challenging themselves....some were sweating, but they were not challenging themselves.  I understand that not ever workout needs to be a butt kicker, but if you are going to workout...you might as well make it well worth you time.  Our bodies can handle much more than we think we can...

With that said, I did challenge myself a little more today and ran my fastest 4.0 mile time to date -

Wednesdays Run:
Miles:  4.0
Time:  31:14
Pace:  7:48

No comments:

Post a Comment