Saturday, July 28, 2012

Skye Island Drive II

So Wiff decided to decide the running route today...she told me it would be similar to a route we ran the other day with the exception of turning and running on Skye Island Drive.  I asked her if she realized that Skye Island Drive was a tougher hill than the one right next to our house...that isn't fun to run up either.  She said that this hill is at the beginning of the run so it should be better than at the end when we run up the other hill...and if need be, we can walk up it.
Here is the route and elevation.




If you have been looking back at my blogs from last September, specifically Sept. 8th, you will remember that the last time I ran that hill I blogged this:

Skye Island Drive

Because of the flooding, I had to take a new running route...and it stands to reason the streets that are not flooded are the ones that are at the highest elevations...like Skye Island Drive.  Well, I ran up that road today and I disliked every step of it...it was about .7 of a mile long and way too steep.

So, things have not changed.  It sucked just as much today as it did last September.  The Wiff did not appreciate it either.  It was a good week for me - I ran 6 of 7 days this week.  Boom.

Saturdays Run
Miles:  4.5
Time:  55:35
Pace:  12:21

No comments:

Post a Comment