Sunday, September 11, 2011

9.11 on 9-11

Ten years ago today I was in nowhere Montana at a college fair (as a Mayville State admissions counselor) when the towers fell.  I actually felt pretty safe in Montana, just a little bit alone.  Its been a long and crazy road since that day ~ and that road has taken me to New York of all places.  Here you don't have to search very hard to find someone who had someone significant in their life who was directly impacted by the events of 9-11.

I was thinking all week that I would try to run 9.11 miles today...I had a slow week of running (only 8 miles) so today was the perfect day for a long run.  Ended up having a great run time and my body isn't feeling too beat up...those thoughts may change in the morning.

Todays Run: 
Miles:  9.11
Time:  1:16:44
Pace:  8:25

And yes, I ate an entire medium sized pizza (ham and pineapple) for lunch yesterday and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment