Friday, September 2, 2011

Dropping The Deuce

Sorry for the delay on the post - it's been a wild and crazy ride this week!
I did a run on Monday (8/29/11) and it was a tough one for me, I would say the toughest I've had in awhile...
I am not sure what the problem was, but I  suffered from some terrible stomach pains beginning around mile 5.  This resulted in a lot of stopping and starting for a couple miles.
I would run for a little bit and when I was sure I was going to poop my pants, I would stop and walk.  Then I would get mad and begin running again.  Repeat.
Finally, I came to a bathroom and was able to take care of some business.  I thought that this would resolve the issue, but even after that my stomach was upset.  However, I was able to finish by running - just slower than normal.
That night I suffered horribly and spent most of the night in the bathroom.  So much so that Luke actually told me that he didn't want me to go running anymore.  He was worried about me.

Run: 8 miles
Time: 85 minutes
Pace: 10.6


1 comment:

  1. I love this story. Moral of this story is to always drop the kids off before you start your run. Classic.

    ReplyDelete