Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Right In My Own Backyard....

Friday - October 21st - I ran a fast couple miles on the track at the Y - finished in a little over 15 minutes and then did a kickboxing class in the gym.  I needed to mix things up a little - you know how  it is.

Last night I actually ran on a new trail that is by our church, it is called the "Minnetonka Regional Trail".  This Trail runs from downtown Hopkins, all the way through Deephaven.  I picked it up somewhere in the middle and ran towards Deephaven, to Lake Minnetonka.  It is a limestone trail which I am not as familiar with, most of my outside running has been on the asphalt.  It was nice. I got out a little late - not as late as AT - so I was trying to outrun the sunset.  It was a beautiful run through the woods.  The smells were terrific and I also saw deer running across the trail.  I ran 4 miles to a vantage point - sat a couple minutes on a bench looking over Lake Minnetonka - and then ran back to my car.  I will definitely do that trail again.  The only disadvantage - NO BATHROOMS. 

Miles: 8
Time: 72 minutes
Pace: 9 min/miles

I am also excited to report that I got new kicks!!! I LOVE them!!  My bro, AT, was very instrumental in my search for my new shoes.  Of course, look at the times he's putting up for his running - unbelieveable!  Is there ANYTHING that AT doesn't do well at???  Show me what it is and I'll show you something not worth doing.
I am also signing up for another race - a Thanksgiving morning 5K with cousin Bronson.  Should be a hoot.
Peace out to my favorite peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment