Friday, February 10, 2012

Pinterest - the new recipe for crack cocaine

So, I have to somewhat shamefully admit that I am now a member of Pinterest and it has consumed numerous hours that I should have spent sleeping.
When I first started began looking at pins, I was blown away and inspired by the pictures of muscular, very defined, healthy women and motivational quotes for fitness.  I still love the quotes and motivational words, but am starting to feel a little differently about the photos.  It didn't take long for my awe to turn from inspiration to desperation.  I began feeling "bad" that I don't look like them despite my hours of running and strength training.  I have been spending the last week calming myself down so I am in a much better place, now.

What a fine line there is between inspiration and demoralization....

Aaron - I clicked on my race listed in your new "Race Results" section and you have the wrong race!  I did the Tonka Trot 10 K in Minnetonka in October and the Turkey Trot in Minneapolis on Thanksgiving.  It's ok, we're all rookies.

1 comment:

  1. Lori - I can totally relate. You see all these super skinny women and think: WTF. I work out. Glad to hear that you're starting to find the balance between being motivated and demoralized. First of all, know that you are in incredible shape and that you are doing such an amazing job. I cannot imagine trying to get to the gym as much as you do with all the things you have on your plate. You are running way harder than me and are definitely stronger. You are my motivation : )

    I also love Pinterest. It is addiction in all ways. I have to intentionally limit my time or I get sucked in. It's bad news, but sweet amazingness all at the same time.

    Keep rocking, Lori. You are an amazing woman and I am so proud of you. Your little brother is, too ;)

    ReplyDelete