Friday, February 10, 2012

Pull Ups for Mommies!

I want to be part of the 3% who are truly making it happen and not just "putting in my time".  As it is, I have limited time to devote to training, and frequently even that time is derailed.  I need to maximize, so I am going to work on pushing my intensity.
Tonight's Treadmill Run:
30 minutes
2.56 miles
Alternated incline throughout run - from 5 to 15 (max).  The 15 incline slowed me down just a little bit.

40 push ups
100 basic crunches
50 oblique crunches
6  "inside" pull ups (uses more of the biceps)
0.75 "outside" pull up (uses more of the lat muscles) - obviously a weaker muscle group of mine

I have been thinking lately about how I would like to be able to do pull ups.  Just because I think people look bad ass when they can really do them.  In my head, this is what I picture happening:

(Scene: School Playground)
Snotty nosed, know it all kid: " My mom is better than yours!  She's an astronaut for NASA!"
Lucas: "Oh yeah?  Well, my mom can do 25 pull ups without assist!"
(All children on the playground cower in awe and silence....)

No comments:

Post a Comment