Friday, March 9, 2012

And you thought I was done....or maybe hoped I was.

Post Workout
I was laying down, enjoying a sauna while listening to my "Ultimate Running Playlist" when I saw Auntie Stephanie's cute countenance in the window.  I popped up and she came in.  She told me that Paul needed my help, his car had stalled.  And so we begin...
Paul was going to get the kids from daycare and his car wouldn't start (it was in the driveway).  He tried calling everyone and got no one.  He grabbed the stroller and started walking to Lucy's school, figuring that someone would soon call him back to give him a ride.  Well, he got there and still no call.  So, he packed her up and began walking home, again thinking that at any moment someone would call him back.  Again, no one.
He is getting close to home and it is getting really late (it is almost 5 miles there and back).  Luke needs to be picked up by 6 p.m. and it's 5:30 p.m.  So, he calls Stephanie and she answers.  She is close to the Y, so Paul asks her to go to the Y to track me down.  And that is how Stephanie and I came face to face in the YMCA sauna.
I picked up Luke and we are all home tonight, safe and sound.  The tow truck came and towed Paul's truck to the garage.  Hopefully they can look at it tomorrow and figure out what's wrong.
Paul and I have learned a valuable lesson through this experience.  The people he was calling tonight are the people listed on the kids emergency contact lists at their schools.  I think we may want to revise and/or add to this list....

No comments:

Post a Comment