Friday, March 9, 2012

Rumpshaker

Yeah, that's right.  I put together an "Ultimate Running List".  I think my first song for the Half Marathon may be "You Keep Me Hanging On" by Kim Wilde.

Friday's Workout:
Squats with the bar - 20 x 3 reps
Pull Ups - 10 x 3 reps
Triceps - 20 x 3 reps
Bicep curls - 10 x 3 reps
Bicep continuous curls - 10 x 3 reps
Shoulder Lifts - 10 x 3 reps

Then it was on to the track...now things start to get a little crazy!  Grandma Caroline was walking on the YMCA track.  No lie.  She was a much slimmer version of CJ and she wasn't toting a six pack of warm Caffeine Free Diet Coke and a carton of Benson and Hedges, but she brought tears to my eyes with her resemblance.  She also spoke to me; while doing a lap of walking lunges, she stopped and asked me what I was doing and what sport I was training for.  I figured I would give it to her straight up, no sugar coating, just like CJ would want.  I told her they were walking lunges and they made your legs and butt stronger.  I told her I was doing them so that I could run farther.  She just nodded her head and smiled.  Thanks Grandma - I know you are always with me.

1 mile: 8:30 pace
One lap of walking lunges (not included in mile tally)
1 mile: 9:00 pace
One lap of walking lunges (not included in mile tally)
1 mile: 10:00 pace
1 mile: alternating laps of sprints and regular pace - 9:00
1 mile: 10:00 pace

As you can see, the walking lunges killed my pace.  Legs burning. 
I love my Brother's new Brooks shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment