Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hollaback Girl

I am not, but I definitely think this song needs to be about 3/4 of the way through my playlist for the half.  It really gets me geared up!

Distance: 8 miles
Time:1:16
Pace:9.50
Conditions: 43 F at beginning of run, up to 50 F at the end.  I was sweating about 10 minutes in to this run. Strong winds.  Sunny.  Ran on sidewalks in the 'hood.

This was my first run outside of the season.  From the very first step, I was smiling.  Feels so good.  At the end of the run, I felt like I probably could have done a couple more miles which is a good sign.  9 weeks until the race, 5.1 miles to go.  I think I can do this.
I am not having the gastro problems I typically have, but I also ran in the morning which I am sure helped.  I also carried a small bottle of gatorade with me and drank that while running - only had about half of it, but this may also have helped.  Between carrying the Gatorade, having my Crackberry in my pocket and my ponytail, I was pretty grateful for all the strength training I have been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment