Saturday, May 12, 2012

Runnin' Down A Dream

Wednesday I did a few miles before my softball game - clocked about 4 before I needed to warm up the arm.  Was feeling pretty good so I averaged a little over 9 min miles.  We won the game because the other team had to forfeit (not enough girls), but we played it out anyhoo.  They played 6 guys and we still whomped them. 
Unfortunately, the Twins did not do as well on Thursday against Toronto.  I had the good fortune (if you can call it that these days), to attend the game.  It was another whomping, but now I was on the losing end.  This, my friend, is the ying and yang of life.
Last night I ran about 4.5 miles, but was not feeling so strong.  I averaged 11 minute miles and struggled a little that last mile. 
Today I ran my BIG run, and the last one before race day.  I did an 11 miler today and averaged 11 min miles. My route had me going right by the gas station again at mile 3.3, which is so convenient!  I was doing really good until I hit mile 7.5.  It was around this time that I started to feel a little tired.  Then, I felt a pain in my right knee, so I walked it off.  The rest of my run was pretty tough.  I also started to feel like I just didn't have any "fuel" in my stomach/system.  So, I did more walking due to the knee pain and lack of fuel, than I normally do. 
Lessons? 
1) I was running too fast
2) I need to "fuel" up better/more prior to those big runs
3) I shouldn't have run last night, or run less than I did

No comments:

Post a Comment