Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

I ran 2 miles around the track at the YMCA on Friday night.  I mean to go easy in preparation for my first race Saturday.  I even listened to my playlist titled "Chill" during the run.  However, I knew I only had to do 36 laps, so I just keep running faster and faster trying to get it done.  So much for nice and easy.  However, it was kinda nice to be done with my workout in 15 minutes.  I then rewarded myself with a trip to the sauna.  I think I was in the sauna longer than I ran.  Nice.
Saturday brought the much anticipated first race - the Tonka Trot.  I decided I better team up with a veteran, so of course I sent a text out to Don Kukowski.  I just followed his lead and everything was smooth as butter.  We ran a good race and finished in 55 mins.  We agree that we run pretty well together so we're already talking about more races to run together in the future.  I had a great time and had lots of fun.  My favorite moment of the race was right at the end - I was sprinting to the finish when I heard "There's Mommy!!!!!"  I looked over and saw the hubby and the kids cheering me on.  I actually welled up because my heart was overflowing with happiness.
Today I took a little break from running and decided to go bike riding instead.  So, Paul hooked the Burley up to his bike and the fam went on a bike ride.  Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment