Sunday, April 29, 2012

Be Gentle - Its My First Time

Total rookie today...or space cadet...or blonde...or some combination of the 3.
So I drive to Planet Fitness to make my long run today...was feeling pretty motivated to get on the treadmill and bust out 10 miles.  I stopped at Dicks to get some Gu Chomps and a Gatorade for my run - I was ready to go....almost.  Standing on the treadmill after I put my socks on...I grab my Glycerin 9s and realize that I left my shoe inserts at home...so my running shoes have no inserts in them at all...not my superfeet and not the original shoe inserts...Well, I wasn't going to drive back home to get them...and I couldn't not run today - so I just put on my shoes...grabbed my headphones and put those on...and made my run anyway.
At the 4.61 mile mark I looked down at my iPod and realize that I have been running the whole time without ever turning my music on - just genius on my part.
My actual run felt really good...and not having shoe inserts didn't really bother me as all...
Erica has exactly one week left until her first ever half marathon...what a rush!

Sundays Run
Miles:  10
Time:  1:19:30
Pace:  7:57

No comments:

Post a Comment