Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

I've had some training roadblocks the past 3 weeks that have included the following highlights (I am not kidding when I say that all these and more have happened in just the past 3 weeks):
1) Impetigo - Lucy
2) Very deep laceration on head from child's teeth - Lucas
3) Nursemaid's elbow - Lucy
4) Near death cold/flu - Paul
5) Very expensive vet stay for constipation - Clyde
6) Fifths Disease - Luke and Lucy a couple weeks apart

A few of these have involved the Emergency Room and all but one involved a doctor's visit.  All of them resulted in at least one missed training workout for me.  This is problematic when the training days are already limited.  I must admit that last week I was sure that I was going to put the race on the shelf this year, but decided that the thought of that just made me too sad.  So, I am going to keep on, keeping on and just hope for the best.  It's all I can do.  Feels like I am starting from the beginning, again.
Thursday (4/5/12): 4 miles
Friday (4/6/12): 7 miles
Sunday (4/8/12): 4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment